Thursday, August 6, 2009

Millennium Harbourview Hotel -- 5-Star Angels?

Bill Brown  ...   Xiamen University
Xiamen's Best Hotels

I've often said that the best hotel in Xiamen is the Millennium Harbourview Hotel Xiamen because of the great location, excellent cuisines (best Italian in town), and excellent service.  So today I was happy to come across this Yahoo review about the Millennium (the Millennium even found his lost luggage and helped him buy new clothes!). The review noted it had 5-star service and amenities.  It's ironic, because Xiamen websites list it as 4-star, but many of the so-called 5-star hotels in Xiamen have 4-star or even 3-star.  In my eyes, Millennium is the star.
Incredible Service!
By A Yahoo! Contributor, 06/29/09
This was my favorite stay on my business trips over this past month. The location was amazing, right in the downtown but within view of Gulangyu Island. When my luggage was lost by the airlines, the hotel's Concierge called the airlines continuously and got my luggage delivered straight to me. Meanwhile I had no clothes aside from what I was wearing, since they were all in my lost luggage, but a charming angel at Guest Relations walked with me to the nearby Trustmart and helped me buy a set of clothes.

The room was comfortable, all the standard 5 star amenities, and the breakfast was great. The hotel is priceless and I will be returning every time on my following visits. Thank you Millennium Harbourview for the amazing experience!!!
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-482571-xiamen_vacations-i
www.amoymagic.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Bill,

On my recent trip to Xiamen i came across Amoy Magic, i found this publication very informative and usefull. How ever i would like to make a comment about the part in which you have mentioned about the
Archeological excavations, early History etc where there is a reference to the Shiva Linga, its obvious that there were may Hindu influences in this part of the world ( Buddisim being one of them ) , my comment sir is about your comment were you have mentioned that the Hindus should find a better part of anatomy to worship, i think its very immature on your part to make a comment like this by not knowing what exactly the Shiva Linga stands for, if you can furnish me your e mail id i can e mail you some relavent well researched information on this subject, may be this info will help you understand how exacly the Sanathana Dharma or Hinduism works.

Thanks
Vijay